As many of you view the RVCC’s main function as a place to bring the community together, it’s been difficult to conceptualize how to play that role when physical distancing measures are in place.
It’s been over a month since the RVCC closed its doors to the public and, while the club might not be filled with people, we wanted to let you know that we are still here.
To that end, we are pleased to launch the RVCC Blog! If we cannot connect physically, we want to connect virtually. This blog will be focused on community engagement in a few ways:
- Sharing updates about what’s happening at the club now and going forward.
- Sharing important information and resources on the Covid-19 situation as it develops
- Sharing feel-good community stories about how fellow residents are passing the time and/or trying to make a difference in the neighbourhood
- Community guided content. Have a good idea that you want to see covered? Let us know!
- Contests! Everyone loves a good contest!
So lets get started shall we?
Here are some updates about what is (not) happening at the club.
- The AGM has been postponed. New date is TBD
- Spring Trivia, the Spring Carnival and the Adult Slo-Pitch Tournament have all been cancelled.
- The annual Fund Drive has been postponed
- The last issue of the Reflector was to be printed and delivered late March. The decision was made to not print but instead share the relevant content here in this blog. We want to thank our Reflector editor, Stephanie, for volunteering her time to set up this blog and to add some of those Reflector articles into it as well.
- For those of you who registered for a Spring sport, we are still waiting for more direction from some of the leagues as to what will happen with their seasons. Here is what we know so far:
- The Winnipeg Minor Basketball Association’s last update as of April 17 – They have cancelled the 2020 Spring season. As registration is handled directly by the WMBA, you will need to contact them directly to find out what happens with your registration.
- Winnipeg South End United’s Youth Soccer Update as of April 16 – They have cancelled the end of the indoor 2019-20 season but have NOT cancelled the outdoor 2020 season at this time. They are still evaluating ways to salvage a season and we will share updates as they become available.
- Baseball MB’s last update as of April 20 – They have NOT cancelled the 2020 season at this time. They are still evaluating ways to salvage a season and we will share updates as they become available
- Winnipeg South West Youth Softball Association’s last update as of April 17 – They have NOT cancelled the 2020 season at this time. They are still evaluating ways to salvage a season and we will share updates as they become available
- Riverview CC’s Mini Soccer WILL BE cancelling the 2020 season. An email to the registered families will be sent this week about refund options.
If you have any questions about the above, please contact email@example.com.
Updates about COVID-19 and available resources
We will keep links to important information about COVID-19 and any helpful resources in the sidebar on the right of your screen. If you need any help navigating any of the resources, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do what we can to help.
We want to hear from you!
We want this blog to be about the community, for the community so please help guide us. Send us your ideas for content and we’ll work with you to create a post.
Ideas can be sent to email@example.com.
How about our first contest?
We want to grow our reach and connect with more of you! In the strategic survey that was circulated last fall, many of the responses stated that they didn’t know what was going on at the club. This blog is one tool we are going to use to try and improve communication with our followers.
To that end, help us increase our followers and you’ll be entered into a draw to win a Riverview Map Print!
To enter, simply:
- Follow us on Instagram @riverviewcc
- Like our post announcing this blog, and
- Comment someone who should also follow on Instagram. You’ll get a bonus entry for every person that you tag.
The contest will close May 3 and the draw will be done May 4. The winner will be contacted by Instagram! May the 4th be with you!
With all that said, we invite you to follow along with us as we navigate these strange times together.
Thanks for reading. Stay safe everyone!
The Riverview Community Centre