Happy Holidays! Here is the latest update on our outdoor rinks as of Tuesday, December 22.
As you know, the province has given the green light for community centres to open their outdoor ice rinks.
The rinks at the Riverview Community Centre are now open and ready for skating!
Here are some important reminders:
- Public health orders are still in effect when using the ice.
- Social distancing is in effect for any skaters who do not live in the same household
- Group size is limited to 5 and can only be exceeded if all members of the group live in the same household.
- If the group includes non-household members, social distancing must be practiced.
- No team practices, games, competitions, or otherwise organized activities.
- The Riverview Community Centre is not permitted to open to the public yet. Therefore:
- There is no bathroom access
- Skate changing must happen outside. We have put some benches outside for use.
- We will be keeping the rink lights on until 10PM each night. Please respect the nearby residents and do not skate after the lights are off.
- The outdoor rinks are skate at your own risk. Anyone who is not following public health orders may be fined.
- The Riverview Community Centre is NOT liable for skaters who are not following public health orders.
At this time, there will be no ice bookings or designated hours for family skating. We will flood a pleasure rink beside the ice rinks soon. There will be no pucks or sticks permitted on the pleasure rink.
The ice will be first come first serve. Please respect other skaters and share the ice. Please also respect our icemakers, volunteers and staff.
Outdoor ice is a privilege, not a right. Please do your best to keep each other safe. Remember that we are in this together. With the community centre closed, we need your help in making the ice a safe and fun place for all.
If you happen to notice behaviour that is in violation of public health orders or disruptive to other users or the neighbouring houses, especially after the 10:00 p.m. closure time please call the police non-emergency line through 311 or the provincial COVID Tip Line 1-866-626-4862 (toll-free) and press 3 on the call menu. There is a web form you can fill out as well… https://forms.gov.mb.ca/covid-tip-line/
We would also like to hear from you so that we can respond accordingly. Please send your feedback to email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation.
Have fun and happy holidays!
The Riverview Community Centre