Thanks for checking in on our little update. Although things are moving in the right direction, we still don’t have a reopen date – that is, a date we’ll be open to the public. We continue to put together a plan to open safely in the near future. Here is this week’s update:
- To satisfy the community centre’s accountability to the City and to finalize the club’s financials for 2019, the RVCC is planning to hold a brief AGM on Monday July 6, 2020. This will now be in-person! For more details, click HERE. You must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend as space will be limited.
- The playground remains open. Please be mindful that social distancing measures are still in effect. Also keep in mind that since the RVCC is closed, there is no bathroom access available at this time.
- The City has announced plans to open some wading pools on July 3. The wading pool at the RVCC is NOT one of them. The closest one to Riverview is McKittrick Park. Click HERE for a full list of wading pools scheduled to open on July 3.
- We have opened the outdoor courts. Again, please be mindful of social distancing restrictions. The second tennis net is now up! A reminder that the RVCC is not responsible for improper use or policing the public health guidelines in these outdoor spaces. If you observe public health violations, you are encouraged to call 311 and report it so that a Community Ambassador may come out and provide education on the public health guidelines.
- Churchill Drive remains an active transportation route until July 6. This was meant to be a temporary change but councillors are seeking feedback to see if there’s a case to be made to extend these active transportation routes. You can reach Councillor Rollins here. There is also a petition to support the active transportation routes that can be accessed here.
- Youth Soccer is moving forward with a season and there is a brief registration period for those who did not register in March. Click HERE for more details.
- Work is continuing on preparing for Riverview CC Summer Camps. We are hoping to open registration next week and targeting July 13 as the start of the first week of camps. If you think you would make use of a Summer Camp program at the RVCC, please email email@example.com
For any questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click HERE to see more details about the Province of Manitoba’s phased re-opening plan.