As the Province of Manitoba announced one Wednesday May 27 that Phase 2 of their Restoring Safe Services Plan is set to start on Monday, June 1, here are some updates and feedback about what that means for the Riverview Community Centre
- Though the Restoring Safe Services Plan has some specific notes about community centres, the RVCC remains closed to the public. We do not have a reopen date scheduled at this time. We are working to put together our own reopening plan that is safe and meets and/or exceeds public health requirements.
- The playground remains open. Please be mindful that social distancing measures are still in effect. Also keep in mind that since the RVCC is closed, there is no bathroom access available at this time.
- While phase 2 also has notes on public pools, we have not received information specific to the wading pool here yet.
- We have opened the outdoor courts. Again, please be mindful of social distancing restrictions. We will be putting up the second tennis net next week. A reminder that the RVCC is not responsible for improper use or policing the public health guidelines in these outdoor spaces. If you observe public health violations, you are encouraged to call 311 and report it so that a Community Ambassador may come out and provide education on the public health guidelines.
- Churchill Drive remains an active transportation route until July 6. This was meant to be a temporary change but councillors are seeking feedback to see if there’s a case to be made to extend these active transportation routes. You can reach Councillor Rollins here. There is also a petition to support the active transportation routes that can be accessed here.
- Phase 2 is in support of league sports starting up again. Here is an update on the Spring sports offered at the RVCC:
- The 2020 RVCC Mini Soccer season remains cancelled and there will not be a 2020 season
- Winnipeg South End United, MB Baseball and Winnipeg South West Youth Softball Association have all submitted return to play proposals to Sport MB for review. Once approved, they will notify league conveners what the plan is and we will relay that information to registrants as soon as we have it. There will be refund options for any family who is not comfortable with the return to play plans or if they cannot commit to the new schedule.
- We continue to evaluate whether or not we will be running our Summer camps this year. Safety is our number one priority and we are assessing our ability to meet the public health requirements that are placed on day camps at this time. As part of this evaluation, it would be helpful to know how great the community need for this program is. If you think you would make use of a Summer Camp program at the RVCC, please email email@example.com
For any questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click HERE to see more details about the Province of Manitoba’s phased re-opening plan.