The phase 3 draft of the province’s Restoring Safe Services plan was released this week. Although it references community centres in the plan, we are still playing catch up on all the changes that have been happening over the last couple weeks and so we still don’t have a reopen date. We continue to put together a plan to open safely in the near future. Here is this week’s update:

  • To satisfy the community centre’s accountability to the City and to finalize the club’s financials for 2019, the RVCC is planning to hold a brief AGM on Monday July 6, 2020. As of now, the plan is for it to be virtual but this may now change given the phase 3 proposal. More details to come.
  • The playground remains open. Please be mindful that social distancing measures are still in effect. Also keep in mind that since the RVCC is closed, there is no bathroom access available at this time.
  • Though some spray pads have opened, we have not received information specific to the wading pool here yet.
  • The City is doing the field maintenance this Summer and began their seasonal maintenance this week.
  • We have opened the outdoor courts. Again, please be mindful of social distancing restrictions. The second tennis net is now up! A reminder that the RVCC is not responsible for improper use or policing the public health guidelines in these outdoor spaces. If you observe public health violations, you are encouraged to call 311 and report it so that a Community Ambassador may come out and provide education on the public health guidelines.
  • Churchill Drive remains an active transportation route until July 6. This was meant to be a temporary change but councillors are seeking feedback to see if there’s a case to be made to extend these active transportation routes. You can reach Councillor Rollins here. There is also a petition to support the active transportation routes that can be accessed here.
  • Some community league sports ahve began training again:
    • The 2020 RVCC Mini Soccer season remains cancelled and there will not be a 2020 season
    • Manitoba Soccer Association’s Return to Play Proposal was approved by Sport MB. Its members are now planning for a 2020 season with a phased approach though we are still waiting for details regarding registration information. Click HERE for more information. Training cannot start until June 17.
    • Winnipeg South West Youth Softball Association is moving forward with a season and training started this week. Please contact with any questions.
    • Manitoba Baseball continues to move forward with a season and some informal training started this week. A brief registration window is still open for families who did not get to register in March. This is also a drop-out period for families who did register and can no longer participate or do not feel comfortable participating this season. This registration/drop out period will close on Sunday June 14 at 6PM.
  • Though we are not quite ready to open registration for Summer Camps, we continue to work on a safe program plan and it does look likely that we will have a Summer Camp program in some capacity this year. If you think you would make use of a Summer Camp program at the RVCC, please email

For any questions or comments, please email

Please click HERE to see more details about the Province of Manitoba’s phased re-opening plan.