As the Province of Manitoba continues to ease some restrictions, here are some updates about what’s happening here at the RVCC:
- Though the province is increasing the limit on indoor gathering group size to 25 starting Friday May 22, the RVCC remains closed to the public. No update yet on when we may reopen.
- The playground remains open. Please be mindful that social distancing measures are still in effect. Also keep in mind that since the RVCC is closed, there is no bathroom access available at this time.
- At this time, we have not received confirmation that the wading pool will open this Summer. We do know that the City plans to repair the slide as it was having some issues last year. The slide will be repaired before the wading pool opens next – whether that is for this Summer or not until next, we don’t know.
- We have opened the outdoor courts. Again, please be mindful of social distancing restrictions. As of now, we have only put up one tennis net to help with social distancing. That said, the RVCC is not responsible for improper use or policing the public health guidelines in these outdoor spaces. If you observe public health violations, you are encouraged to call 311 and report it so that a Community Ambassador may come out and provide education on the public health guidelines.
- Churchill Drive remains an active transportation route until May 29. We have not heard yet if this will be extended
- The 2020 Mini Soccer season has been cancelled. Parents were notified by email. No further updates have been received from Youth Soccer, Baseball and Softball.
- There has been no decision yet on whether or not the RVCC will move forward with Summer Camps this year. The staffing for these camps is dependent on receiving funding from programs such as the MB Green Team and Canada Summer Jobs programs. We have yet to receive confirmation of funding and so planning for the Summer Camps has been postponed.
- The RVCC Board had another virtual meeting on May 19 and will continue work on a plan to reopen the club when it is safe to do so.
For any questions or comments, please email email@example.com
Please click HERE to see more details about the Province of Manitoba’s phased re-opening plan.
RVCC Courts Reopen
See update for more details.