Riverview Community Centre Summer Camps are returning this summer.
Registration is now OPEN, click HERE to register.
Due to the ongoing presence of Covid-19, our camps will be run similarly to how they were run last year.
- Currently, the camps will be open for children 5-12 years old. This is due to provincial public health orders and may change as health orders change.
- The camps will be Monday – Thursday. There will be NO camp on Fridays as our staff will use this day to clean and sanitize the facility. This is in addition to the regular cleaning and sanitizing that will be done throughout the camp days.
- Camp programming will be 9AM-4PM. The drop-off period will begin at 8AM and the pick-up period will end at 5PM.
- On most days the wading pool is open, if there is space, the children will have the option to swim.
- We will be capping the remainder of our weeks at 20 campers.
- Camps will be run in the hall, where only staff and campers will be allowed. The bathrooms will be open to the public while the wading pool is open.
- Unlike previous years, field trips are not included in the planning or in the registration fees. We will have small neighbourhood outings around the community during most weeks.
- Parents will be required to assist in screening their children every day by signing a declaration form indicating their child is not showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- We will be practicing social distancing at key times during the day (i.e. lunch, craft, and snack time), however, the children may not be required to social distance during all play times as it is can be too difficult to manage. Parents who are not comfortable with this approach should not register for this camp.
- Children in grades 4 and up, or ages 9 and up will be required to wear facemasks.
- Children must be able to use the bathroom without assistance.
- You will receive an email the Thursday before the start of camp with a list of supplies and further guidance about how the week will be run.
All precautions are subject to change as public health guidelines change in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The schedule below is subject to change:
July 5-8, 2021
July 12-15, 2021
July 19-22, 2021
July 26-29, 2021
August 3-5, 2020
August 9-12, 2020
August 16-19, 2020
August 23-26, 2020
Reminder that camps are Monday – Thursday. Staff will use Friday’s to clean and sanitize the facility.
In person registration will not be accepted this year.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.