Riverview Community Centre Summer Camp is finished for summer 2022.
Thank you all for a great summer!
Join us for a summer of fun doing crafts, playing games, enjoying the swimming pool, and participating in community outings. Our camp space is full of toys, books, games, and craft supplies for kids to enjoy during free play.
- Camp will be open to children 5-12 years old.
- Camp will run Monday – Friday.
- Camp programming will be from 9AM-4PM. The drop-off period will begin at 8AM and the pick-up period will end at 5PM.
- On most days the wading pool is open, the children will have the option to swim.
- We will be capping our weeks at 20-25 campers.
- One normal week of camp is $140, and the August long weekend is only four days so it’s $115.
- Camp will be run out of the hall and basement.
- We will have small neighbourhood outings around the community during most weeks.
- Children must be able to use the bathroom without assistance.
- You will receive an email the Thursday before the start of camp with a list of supplies and further guidance about how the week will be run.
If your child has covid-19 symptoms, they should test and stay away for 5 days. If it’s not covid, they must be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to camp. Masks will be optional for both children and adults. All precautions are subject to change as public health guidelines change in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We offer weekly themes for our camps, such as magic, science, movies, or nature, just to name a past few, but we haven’t yet reached a final decision about this summer. We try to stay flexible since the age group and size of the group can vary so much week by week, so we try to cater our camps to what that week’s group of campers seems interested in, whether that’s more free time, more organized games, or more time outside.
A typical day looks something like this:
8:00-9:30 free play during drop off period
9:30-10:30 outside on the playground
10:30-11:00 snack time
1:00-2:30 wading pool and playground
2:30-3:00 snack time
3:00-4:00 organized games
4:00-5:00 free play during pick-up period
Most weeks will have one afternoon where we do a community-wide scavenger hunt that ends at a local playground with surprise Slurpees. If we are able to work around the construction area of the new rink being built on our grounds, most weeks we will have a special afternoon where we do water activities like squirt guns, water balloons, slip n’ slide, sprinklers, bubbles, and chalk.
The schedule below is subject to change:
Includes optional Thursday+Friday afternoon trips for kids 9+ to the canoe/kayak club’s summer camp
Camp will not be held Monday on account of the August long weekend, but this week will also cost less
Includes optional Thrusday+Friday afternoon trips for kids 9+ to the canoe/kayak club’s summer camp
Every morning the Sustainable South Osborne Community Co-op will be guiding us through their gardens. We’ll be participating in activities and learning about how a garden grows.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Our Jr. Counsellors program will be open this year for volunteers ages 13-16. To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the weeks you’re interested in, and we’ll set up an interview. Registration will be completed in person at the centre.