The Winnipeg School Division is looking for families just like yours who are keen to host an international high school student who dreams to live in Canada, experience Canadian culture, and attend Collège Churchill High School. Students are aged 15 to 18 and visit from all over the world including Brazil, China, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Vietnam and more! International students join your family as family. They participate in family activities, respect homestay family rules, and help with chores.
Who Makes a Great Homestay?
- Families with children
- Single adults
- Retired/empty nesters
- ….Anyone over the age of 25 that has an extra bedroom and is passionate about Winnipeg!
What Families Provide:
- Three nutritious meals per day plus appropriate snacks
- A private bedroom with a bed
- Linens and towels
- A desk, chair, and lamp to use for private study
- A dresser and closet to store their clothing
- Access to a bathroom (does not need to be private)
- Access to laundry facilities and high speed wi-fi
- A patient, caring and friendly home atmosphere with lots of love and support!
What Families Receive:
- A generous monthly stipend to offset expenses
- 24/7 emergency support
- A homestay family orientation
- Community building events throughout the year to meet other homestay families
- Lifelong relationships
- A chance to experience another culture without leaving your home
Experience the benefits of travel without leaving Winnipeg! Take the first step in becoming a homestay family for WSD and contact:
Kaleigh Simon, Homestay Administrator, Winnipeg School Division
Or visit our website:
Follow us on Instagram to see us in action! @wsdinternational